Search

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Reason

I went to a concert the other night where I sang my heart out to Christ with an auditorium full of other thirsty believers. My heart was broken for a people group that I never ever expected to be broken for, but before I tell you about that let me explain something.

This blog is not an attempt to preach at you, it is not to generate hateful arguments, or to pose a stick-it-to-the-man attitude. I created this blog for one reason.
To Arise.
Ever since that night my heart has burned with a passion, and a desire to know Christ more intimately so that I could show others what they are missing out on, and I know that if I don't talk about what is going on in my heart on a daily basis, and if I don't stay in constant communication with Christ, that desire will fade.
So this is my attempt to keep the passion alive. To Arise, and become the person God created me to be.

Now let me attempt to explain my heart.
I was raised in a christian home, and growing up my life revolved around church.
This caused 2 very important things in my life
1. I know that above anything else in this whole entire world God calls me to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and with all your mind; and love your neighbor as yourself."
2. The church is full of sinners pretending to be perfect.

So naturally I was offended by the church, because I hated the idea of going to a place where everyone was pretending to be something they are not, and I was bitter about it for a long time. When God broke my heart, it was like I could hear Him, and He was saying,
'Look at all of these people, I LOVE THEM. They are my creation, and they are missing the point! They are trying so hard, they are so weary, remind them, I can give them rest."
*Adding Clarity. I love going to church, and I love the people I meet there and the relationships I have built. I am not saying every person is missing the point, and I am not saying everyone is pretending. I'm saying that there are a lot of people in the church who misunderstand what a church family is or, and they misunderstand for good reason sometimes. Due to the fact that we are human, we often forget that we are called to love each other through the good and the bad times, and we sometimes think it's our place to decide if a person should or shouldn't be forgiven, or judged. Simple mistake, easy trap to fall into, I've been there. "All, like sheep have gone astray" Is. 53:6

I have so much on my heart to share.
Now you know why I am here.
"My name will be great among the nations, from the rising of the sun to its setting... says the Lord of Hosts."
-Malachi 1:11

1 comment:

  1. So awesome! God is up to something, He's rising up believers (that I know) to take more seriously His call and command on our life, and that is to, "Love the Lord your God with all your, soul, and mind. And the second, love your neighbor as yourself." Cause if that's the desire of our heart (and not just something we memorize), it absolutely changes everything! So good Kelsey! Keep going, excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete