Search

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's The Law

My senior year in H.S. I went to prom with my gay guy friend. I still take crap for that on occasion.

One of my many major pet peeves is when I'm sitting with a group of people my age all with my same beliefs and I hear the term "faggot" leave their mouth referring to another human being. Or when I hear them say something to the effect of, get me away from that, or let's leave I can't stand it. GROW UP, physically annd spiritually.

I find that homosexuality is a touchy subject among church-eons (yes, I did just make that word up). It sometimes seems like preachers think they get extra points for hitting the "BIG" topics. 'Man, today I talked about politics, drugs, and homosexuality, thats..... 25 points in one sermon!!' When I was younger it seemed like a topic people were afraid to discuss, it was danced around but never stepped on.
These days it's like it's everyone's favorite topic.
Now let me be clear here, and if I offend you I'm sorry, but please read the whole post before you write me off as another judgmental hypocrite because my intention are quite the opposite.
Maybe I should start by stating my intentions: I intend to let you know what is more important that right or wrong. I intend to remind you of what I think we, as Christ's body, sometimes forget.
OK so there are 2 verses in the Bible over this topic, so let's take a look at the most popular one first,
"Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived: no sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, or swindlers will inherit Gods kingdom."

Who hasn't heard that in a sermon right?
what about the next part....

"Some of you were like this; but you were WASHED, you were SANCTIFIED, you were JUSTIFIED in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."
-1 cor 6:9-11

Not as commonly used. Quite frankly, until I looked it up I didn't even know that was the next verse. Let's talk about the other part though, who of us have never had something that was more important to us than Christ (IDOLATER), who of us has never wanted just a little bit more after we got something (GREEDY), who of us has never wasted time or money (SWINDLER)? I have done all of those things. Guess what, that puts me in the saame exacct category. SINNER.

Next Verse

"Now we know that the law is not meant for a righteous person, but for the lawless and rebellios, for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and irreverent, for those who kill their fathers and mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral and homosexuals, for kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and for whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching based on the glorious gospel of the blessed God that was entrusted to me."
-1 Timothy 1:9-11

Guess what guys, God is the judge, Jesus is the defense lawyer. It isn't our job to tell someone how horrible we may think they are because they are still GODS creation.
HAND CRAFTED.
MADE IN HIS IMAGE.
THOUGHT OF WAY BEFORE THEIR TIME.
We are called to love
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, sould, mind and strength this is the first and greatest commandment, the second is like it love your neighbor as yourself.
This is who Christ came to love. The hurt, the broken, the sick, the abandoned, the abused, the lost, the lonely, the confused. The people who were kicked out by the holiest of holies in that day, The Pharisees.

Let's try it and see what happens. Go out and befriend a person that the world, or even the church might be apalled by. Show them something different. Rebel against the thinking of this age, arise and become Christs body, reaching, hearing, speaking, GOING.

"But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."
-Luke 14:13-14


No comments:

Post a Comment